OK, so you’ve been turning off the water while brushing your teeth, good for you! But, there are some more things you can do to conserve water.
10 More Water Saving Tips for Your Home
- Got a newer dishwasher? Cut back on rinsing as newer models clean much better than older models.
- Insulate your hot water pipes so that it doesn’t take as long for water to get hot at the tap.
- Score 2 points by dropping your tissue in the trash can instead of the toilet.
- Older toilet, installed before 1980? Place a bottle filled with water in the tank. This will reduce the amount of water used for each flush without interfering with its operation.
- Turn off the water while shaving and save more than 100 gallons a week.
- Whether at home or a hotel, consider reusing your towels instead of fresh daily towels.
- Reduce the number of loads of laundry you run by making sure all loads are full.
- Drop your ice? Toss it in a plant vs, the sink.
- Compost instead of using your garbage disposal. You can then use the compost for free fertilizer.
- Test your shower to see if it’s water efficient, place a 1-gallon bucket in the shower and if it fills in less than 20 seconds, install a water-efficient shower head.